Thursday, March 29, 2007

Meet Daddy D

My husband, Daddy D, is a great guy, a kind man, and an excellent science teacher. Most importantly, he is a fabulous husband, a caring father, and a loving grandfather. He is mentioned in my Fun Monday, post of March 26th. As wished for in my perfect day post, Daddy D actually does bring me coffee in the morning. And after reading my perfect day post, the sweet man did try to find me some chocolate mint coffee.

By doing a myriad of tasks, my guy has always managed to keep the house running smoothly. Like our both of our fathers, he repairs and maintains most of the broken fixtures and appliances around the house. He likes cars and works at maintaining for our cars. He even keeps my car filled with gasoline. Additionally, for a few years he has been washing most of the dishes. Since we do not have a dishwasher, he diligently washes the dishes by hand. In turn, I usually do the cooking and sometimes the cleaning. This week, however, Daddy D has cooked and planned every single meal.

My thanks to him for all that he does and for this week of rest. Isn't he grand?

For this coming Fun Monday, Ms Cellania (ChrisB) asks players to show and/or describe a piece of vintage clothing. If you want to show off some beloved old threads, head over to sign-up.

11 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

I bet that you will plan and cook meals any other time that Daddy D doesn't. That is what being great together is all about. Good for you both :)

He must be wrapt you have such praise for his efforts :)

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, he is very grand.

(I'm willing to bet that you are just as wonderful to him)

Anonymous said...

You know he does look like a nice guy. Congratulations on the award, that's very impressive.

If you ever get sick of him let me know, I'll marry him. Never mind about me being a guy (and already married for 26 years), I'm not after sex, it's the cooking and washing up that I'm interested in.

Frema said...

He is also a wonderful father-in-law. And you are a wonderful mother-in-law!

theotherbear said...

Aren't you lucky. If it doesn't work out for you and also then Willowtree my husband and I will marry him next :)

Pamela said...

I like him because he reminds me of my brother

ChrisB said...

Now if I'd had daddy D as a physics teacher I might have learned more and passed my science exams.
I think he needs to give my 'embee' lessons on how to plan meals and cook.
Thank you for the Fun Monday plug see you tomorrow.

Susie Q said...

What a wonderful guy and how special to win such an award. Quite an honor. Teachers are unsung heroes...I was raised by a fire fighter and a school teacher and have a life filled with teachers and retired teachers! Both my husband and I love to work with children and often volunteer our time to help teach in our community but that is nothing in comparison to what our professional educators do daily.

I think that you are BOTH lucky to have one another...both of you are wonderful people.

I have really enjoyed reading through your blog and have bookmarked to come back often.

Have a great week.

Warmly,
Sue

gawilli said...

Daddy D is very special to Willia and me also. Thank you for sharing him with us! Now if he could just give Willi some dish-doing lessons...

Luke said...

I am curious, though, as to what the menu was for the week.

Anonymous said...

I always knew Miles was a good brother but now I fully realize what a good man/ husband he really is. I guess it is in his "Genes" and in his wonderful relationship building history. You both are so fortunate to have each other. Sister Shirely