Thursday, June 28, 2007

Picture Postcard - Currituck Lighthouse


Hi,
Tonight may be our last night away from home. After much discussion about which route to travel, Daddy D and I have started our trip home. We finally decided to travel through Virginia instead of North Carolina. Currently, we are in Beckley, West Virginia deciding whether to return home through Kentucky, or to go through Ohio to Indiana. Either way, we will be home by the end of the week.

Looking back on these few days, we have had grand although quick vacation. One on our stops on the Outer Banks was the Currituck Lighthouse. This brick lighthouse stands majestically on the northern part of the Outer Banks.


Take care,

MJD

7 comments:

Luke said...

Vacations are often too short, but that's just the sign of having a good one. If you can't wait too come back, you might have been away too long or just didn't have fun.

I hope that the stay in Beckley is a swell one. Frema and I always had fun in West Virginia, though the only things we've done there are rafting and hiking.

Pamela said...

I was expecting rocky cliffs and deep drop off. Instead it's grass and trees

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear mjd. Looks like you're seeing some very cool places, and the weather looks fantastic!

captain corky said...

Driving throurh Ohio might be easier on your car. I used to drive through Kentucky, becasue you can drive a lot faster, but now I drive through Ohio and PA to get to the east coast.

Excuse me, I think I just turned into my father for a second. ;)

molly said...

love the lighthouse. We stopped by one too, recently, at Olcott, on the shores of lake Ontario....Safe home!

daddy d said...

That light house was very tall. However, it was by the ocean,touched it just to say I did it. There was a dog there with a neat hat.

Nessa said...

Lighthouses are so neat.