Monday, April 28, 2014

Love Your Selfie

Today's Fun Monday challenge is about us, "tell us a little something about yourself AND post a selfie of yourself sticking your tongue out. Let's be silly!"

Let see what should I tell about me. I am a wife, mother of two men, grandmother of four sweet grandchildren, and a retired science teacher. I have lived in Indiana all of my 67 years, the first twenty in Fort Wayne and the other 47 here in Lake County. I have recently been called a flaming liberal, which is an epithet that I can embrace.

I enjoyed my years of teaching and am learning to enjoy retirement. I like wildflowers and spend time trying to identify and to photograph various species. Some of my time is spent volunteering. I tutor at a local elementary school, and I am active in an organization called Coats for Kids (and families). 

As most grandparents feel, our grandchildren are some of the best blessings of old age. Our four children live about two and half hours away from our home, but my husband and I try to spend as much time as possible with our childrens' children.

Although I do not think that I am particularally vain, I am not wild about the selfie picture. I tried to smile while sticking out my tongue. In any event, here is the picture.

6 comments:

Sayre said...

Your selfie looks better than mine (after several attempts, at least I got myself in the shot)! Thanks for the get-to-know-you. My day has been crazy busy, but I'm about to post...

Margaret said...

I am terrible at selfies and don't like photos of myself with my tongue out. It's a recipe for disaster. :) You are not a flaming liberal; you are more moderate than that. The people who are labeling you must be quite conservative. ;)

Jill said...

awesome! yeah my pic didnt come out very nicely either.. i posted several versions that made me look weird.. but hey.. that's life

Molly said...

My 6'4" son is great at selfies as he has very long arms to hold out. Plus, he worked as a photographer for a few years.

You probably are right Margaret. I may not be a flaming liberal, but my political views tend to veer towards the left.


ChrisB said...

We are not like the younger generation who seem to like the selfie!!

ChrisB said...

LOL it took me 3 attempts to post a comment as I got the ID letters wrong and it wasn't my poor eyesight!!!