The lovely Tiggerlane, who claims to be a neophyte blogger, is this week's Fun Monday hostess. Tigger has come up with a unique assignment for this Fun Monday. Tigger is asking us to compose a Bucket List. You know, a list of things that we would like to do before our death - untimely or otherwise. Since I am old and gray, my list may be shorter than others. However, both of my grandmothers lived into their nineties, and my maternal grandmother died after her 97th birthday. So perhaps, I have another 30 or so years of living. Here is my list of things that I would like to do before I kick the bucket. These are in no particular order. With a few exceptions, my list is compiled of practical and doable deeds.
Before I Kick the Bucket, I would like to...
1. See the Grand Canyon.
2. Stand next to a giant redwood.
3. Learn to play a dulcimer. I guess that buying a dulcimer would be a prelude to playing one. Goldendaze Ginnie writes about a week-long Dulcimer School in North Carolina in this post. Western Carolina University sponsors a 6-day conference where participants take classes to learn to play a dulcimer. I would like to attend such a conference.
5. (After retirement), make fabulously motivating science presentations to elementary school children with my husband Daddy D, who currently teaches physics and chemistry.
6. Move from our present home.
7. Buy some photo altering software such as Photoshop and learn to make exciting photograph transformations with the software.
8. Organize my life.
9. Finish visiting all of the fifty states photographing the sights and the wildflowers.
10. Run in some preliminary to the Senior Olympics, and of course, I want to win my event.
11. See Michelle Kwan skate.
12. Visit Dinosaur National Park in Utah.
13. Travel abroad especially Great Britain and perhaps take a walking tour.
14. See Sydney, Australia especially the opera house.
15. Spend more time with friends and family.
16. Spend more time reading.
17. Stand on the Great Wall of China.
Maybe after I kick the bucket, I would like to donate my body to science. But maybe science does not need an old worn-out body.
Jumping out of airplanes is not in my future. Before you kick the bucket, visit as many of the Fun Monday participants as possible; there is a list at Tiggerlane's place. If your time is almost up, forget about Fun Monday and get out there and live the rest of your life.