I've been tagged by Mermaid Musings to list the seven most famous or infamous people I have ever met or to list seven strange things about me. I have met a few authors, but I have not actually met very many famous people. Seeing Elvis wearing his gold suit in a 1957 concert probably does not count for actually meeting Elvis. Seeing Michael Jordan return to the basketball court after his hiatus with baseball may not count for actually shaking hands with Michael. I guess that I will have to come with seven weird things about me. Maybe I will be forced to narrow my list down to just seven.
If you would like to complete the meme, consider yourself tagged.
1. I am a transvestite. How is that for starters? Okay, being a female wearing men's clothing may not be earthshaking or shocking. Furthermore, there is absolutely nothing sexual in my penchant for wearing clothes made for the opposite sex. I do wear dresses, skirts, and frilly blouses too.
2. I am frugal. My frugality has partially led to number one. My household consisted of three males and myself. When my sons were junior high and high school age, I figured out that the clothes that they outgrew so quickly fit me fine. I was even able to wear a pair of deck shoes that my oldest son wore only a few times.
3. I do not enjoy shopping. Again, this may be related to both number one and number two. Since I do not care to shop, the unworn and outgrown clothes hanging in my son's or husband's closets fit me in more ways than one.
4. Speaking of closets, I am a closet hypochrondriac. Like other hypochondriacs, I imagine myself suffering various exotic ailments. Luckily for you and my friends and acquaintances, I keep my imagined illnesses to myself.
5. I have two sons; of course, that is not particularally unusal. But, although both sons were born in a hospital, neither son was birthed a physician. My labor and delivery for both babies was so quick that the doctor did not arrive on time the hospital for the either delivery.
6. I rather like spiders and snakes.
7. Maybe my biggest confession on Super Bowl weekend is that I do not especially care for football. Shhh!!!