Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fun Monday - Dance the Night Away


For this week's Fun Monday assignment our host, Ari at A Prawn of Fate has asked us to link to a music video or song that specifically makes you want to get up and dance.

Hmmmm, I love to dance and any number of tunes make me want to get up and dance.

There are a few songs that I always get up and dance when played.

"Old Time Rock and Roll" by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band - favorite of a friend of my husband and me. The friend passed away a few years ago.







"Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers - Doesn't everyone love this romantic tune? We had this played as the last song at our 40th wedding anniversary. If you get up and dance, be sure to dip as the last notes play.







"Love Shack" by the B-52's - Perfect tune for dancing with my favorite partner.



9 comments:

Sayre said...

I have a B-53's song too! Not Love Shack though...

I'm not a dancer... slow songs and me don't mix. But the video representations on "Roam" are pretty accurate for us!!!

Jan n Jer said...

All great dance songs..fast n slow.

Kim said...

Great songs! My shoulders started doing the shimmy shimmy shake shake on the Old Time Rock and Roll.

joanygee said...

It's a long, long time since OH n I had a slow dance...thanks for bringing back happy memories.

Living Life said...

Oh yes, Bob Seger's Old Time Rock-n-Roll - a very popular dance song! I remember seeing him in concert. All his songs are great!

ari_1965 said...

I always sing along with Love Shack when it comes on the radio.

Anne Laurie said...

Love Shack makes me clap my hands and wiggle my feet!

Faye said...

I think we came of age around about the same time Molly. Remember just praying that I'd have a partner when . . .Lovin' Feeling came on the juke box. Recently I was watching Foyle's War and enjoying the American Yanks dancing with the English girls in their pretty dresses. A different time.

Pamela said...

there have been times when I've danced in the family room to the sounds of the righteous brothers... but my husband was singing.

love those songs