Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I Love a Parade

For July 4th, the word for the Photo-a-Day assignment is Fun. Of course, there is a variety of ways to have fun on the day celebrating the nation's Independence including family picnics, swimming, fireworks, and parades. I rather like parades especially participating in the event. For a few years, our church had a float in our town's parade, and a parade in a neighboring town. The float was decorated in festive red, white , and blue. Our praise team sang as we traveled the route. Adults handed out cold water to the spectators, and the children of the church distributed candy. The entire event was a moving experience. As we traveled the route, we met strangers and saw old friends. This was great fun. I always had a good time.


3 comments:

Luke said...

I'm glad it went well. I think Breain and I participated one year as well. We had a relatively quite holiday ourselves this year, but it has still been a good day.

Molly said...

You and Breain did participate one year. This was the only picture that I could find. I think that we did this 4 years.

daddyd said...

What good times those were for all! However, some years were very not, like this year sort of.