Sunday, July 29, 2007

MeMe Rant

I have been tagged by Gawilli of Back in the Day to complete a rant meme. At first, I was not sure what to rant about; then, I thought of way too many things. So here goes. By the way, although I could tell from context clues that Room 101 is not a good place, I did need to consult Wikipedia for a more extensive interpretation. I had forgotten this important detail of George Orwell's novel.

5 people who will be annoyed you tagged them.

• Jen at Snowball's Chance in...
• Jenn in Hollland at Something to Say about Life in the Netherlands
• Margaret at Stargazer
• Theotherbear at Uncaringbear
• Lynne at A New Jersey Girl

4 things that should go into room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth.

• war
• hate
• violence
• unforgiving people

3 things people do that make you want to shake them violently.

• abusing children
• disregarding the rights of others
• playing music so loud that you can feel the bass vibrations but cannot distinguish a tune

2 things you find yourself moaning about.

• when things break down
• those old e-mail forwards that use guilt to imply that you are either unpatriotic or that you do not love Jesus if you do not send the forward.

1 thing the above answers tell you about yourself.
• Hmmm, maybe I am too serious at times, and my answers should have been funny


RULES• Link to the original meme at freelancecynic.com!
• Be as honest as possible so people get to know the real you!
• Try not to insult anyone - unless they really deserve it or are very, very ugly!
• Post these rules at the end of every meme.

12 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, what a fun meme! I mean to say, man, I am really annoyed that you tagged me! hehehe.
I am like you though, I wonder once I start, if I'll be able to STOP the rant!
Love your answers though. In truth, I could copy all of yours and keep them for my own. I share these same peeves!
Thanks for the tag! (And always for the visit!)

willowtree said...

Ouch! My eyes are stinging from all those caustic comments! You and Pamela should get together and start a convent or something;)

Lynne said...

Okay, I'll play along! Give me a day or two ...

I love Jenn's Dutch-to-English dictionary that she has in her hand as her pic. I have the same one! :D

Pamela said...

wt said I was too positive.
I said "positively livid."

and he's probably never heard of the K.I.L.L 'em with kindness
(wicked haa haaa ha hah a haa hs)


there are so many things that tick me off that I didn't know where to start. And had I not had boundaries I wouldn't know where to stop.

There... hope that was a rant. giggle.

Margaret said...

I agree with your 4, for 3 I would have to add people who talk constantly and inappropriately on their cell phones, and crazy, inconsiderate drivers. I would put abusing children into number 4. I can be unforgiving sometimes, depending on the situation. My parents call it a "string saver."(someone who holds grudges) 2 things I moan about--teenage daughters and school crap, 1 thing that I learned about myself: I rant a lot!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!
I think we are soul sisters !

Frema said...

I hate those forwards, too. I never respond to them!

daddy d said...

101 means the first course in some subject, or so I thought. Such as chemistry 101 or physics 101.

Luke said...

Wouldn't removing unforgiving people from the face of the Earth in fact be unforgiving?

I also want to note that our cat never had a gun.

molly said...

Did you plant a bug in my brain? Because if I were to do this I could just link to your lists and save myself all that hunting and pecking.

Anonymous said...

I imagine if jesus were around he'd probably not bother forwarding e-mails...

theotherbear said...

I finally did this :)
I feel so much better - a load off my chest!