Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Feed Me

As a continuation or an addendum to yesterday's Fun Monday memorable movie quotes, I would like to add my favorite West Wing quote that Leo McGarry said to Josh Lyman after Josh's three weeks of therapy with a trauma psychiatrist.

This guy's walking down a street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so
steep, he can't get out. A doctor passes by, and the guy shouts up, "Hey
you, can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down
in the hole and moves on. Then a priest comes along, and the guy shouts up
"Father, I'm down in this hole, can you help me out?" The priest writes out
a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by.
"Hey Joe, it's me, can you help me out?" And the friend jumps in the hole.
Our guy says, "Are you stupid? Now we're both down here." The friend says,
"Yeah, but I've been down here before, and I know the way out.

I love this quote. Sometimes a friend can offer help when professionals struggle to offer the right kind of help.

Another quote used by a few of the Fun Monday participants that I would like to highlight is this quote from Little Shop of Horrors, "Feed me, Seymour." said by the man-eating plant Audrey II to Seymour Krelboin. Daddy D and I grow some exotic plants that produce a large unusual flower that produces a fetid odor. You can read about these plants in this entry on our team blog, Mama Said, Papa Said. This winter one of the plants has produced another stinky but fascinating bloom.


9 comments:

Jen said...

I love this. And the perfect quote for me to read today of all days. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Both are great quotes. I grow nothing but weeds...but we love to belt out "Feed Me" when it's past our feeding time.

Well...maybe the kids aren't so into saying it, but it's fun to make them cringe....

daddy d said...

That plant has a family history that goes way back in time. It is some fun.

Patience-please said...

I miss the West Wing. Such an intelligent show. I can kill even a plastic plant, so I bow to anyone who can maintain green things indoors! I'll stick with dogs.

all the best-
Patience

Lynne said...

What a strange looking plant and what a great family story! I want to see another photo of your "Kruby" once it is fully out! Promise you'll show us?

debi said...

Is that the plant you wrote about last year? It was a good story but I can't remember anymore. It's the brain drain.

captain corky said...

I have a fondness for exotic stinky plants too. ;)

Anonymous said...

GREAT WW quote! I vaguely remember the exchange, but I wouldn't have if you didn't prompt me (thanks).

Pamela said...

how could I have forgotten Feed Me Seymour. We say that all the time.