Monday, April 6, 2009

Brotherly Love in the Summertime

This week's Fun Monday hostess is Patience. Knowing that patience is a virtue , my hostess will probably not mind my late entry to this week's event. The task for this Monday is, "How I'll Spend My Summer."
Since I teach school during the year, part of my summer vacation will be spent doing all the things that I put off during the rest of the year. Every year, I hope to do some serious cleaning and complete some much needed renovation on our sixty year old home. And every summer. I get less done than I planned.

However, perhaps Patience is actually referring to fun in the sun rather work in the gloom. Some years my husband and I do not actually travel for our vacation. Hopefully, this summer will not be one of those years. As you might infer from our title, Daddy D and I hope to visit Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love, this summer. During our stay, we would to emphasize touring the historic sites in the city including Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. I am not sure what else to see, but maybe you experienced travelers can give me some tips. Plus, our youngest son, Luke, has been there a few times, and he is very helpful with travel plans.

Luke with Rocky in Philadelphia

Happy Fun Monday, I have missed all of you.

17 comments:

Jan said...

I've only driven thru Philly! I look forward to reading about your trip.

Mariposa said...

I'd love to hear about it and to see more photos!

Have a great week...

margaret (the misanthrope) said...

Yay for Philly! I've always wanted to visit there but never have. (And I live in Maryland so really, it's practically a "neighbor.) I'd like to hear more about your trip!

daddy d said...

Yes, Luke knows travel. The summer will be filled with adventure here and there and very where, just as the whole year is filled. But with more fun in the sun.

karisma said...

Hey Molly, Thanx for your kind words my way! I have missed you heaps! Love always, Lisa....aka Karisma xxxoooxxx (I am feeling a little lost right now, Hope to find the real ME soon!)

Caroline - Philly Tourism said...

I got a "google alert" about your blog post - I work for the tourism office.

Actually, you'll have to check out the new location of that Rocky statue - now at the base of the Philadelphia Museum of Art! While you're there, check out the Cezanne exhibit.

There is also a Galileo exhibit at The Franklin Institute.

I hope that's a start!

jill said...

sounds like fun, i have been to FL, NC, SC, and GA, but no where else on the coast.

Gattina said...

It's certainly an interesting city to visit !

Jientje said...

I hope you get to do all the things you planned! Have fun!

Margaret said...

I enjoyed Philadelphia especially the historical buildings. I made my family take a horse drawn carriage tour. I loved it, even though they were embarrassed!

Faye said...

Hi Molly! Great minds--I actually checked you out this past Sunday to see if there's any news from my neighbor. Hope you've just been busy and all is well with you and family. I sound like some of my non-blogging friends--they whine when I don't post--sorry!

As to Philly visit, it has been a few years but I remember the Phil. Museum of Art as a good place to wile away some time. And the area near Liberty Bell had just been re-designed to make more pedestrain/visitor friendly. Good guided tours of the more historic buildings as well, all within walking distance of each other so we were able to do several at one visit. Like you, was lucky to have an insider take me around. Luke will come up with some great possibilities I'm sure.

Nessa said...

I live right across the river from Philadelphia and have never stood with the Rocky statue.

Unknown said...

I hope you get to travel. Summers that we get to get out are always so much more fun!

Patience said...

I hope you get to Philadelphia! I've not been, but hear it's really nice!

ChrisB said...

I hope you get to visit Philadelphia and enjoy the trip.

Luke said...

The art museum is definitely worth a visit, and there are many historical sites that should be seen in the Old City District. But I wouldn't pass up the walking ghost tour that goes through the area. It isn't really all that spooky but includes a lot of interesting local folklore.

Luke said...

Sorry, I must have mistyped the tag, but the URL for the link I tried to post is: http:\\www.ghosttour.com/philadelphia.html.