Monday, October 11, 2010

Fun Monday: Home Bulletin Board

Monday, Monday...can't trust that day. Here it is Monday morning once again and I am composing my last minute Fun Monday post. I am retired for goodness sakes. Why do I put things off? No wait, that should be left for next Monday. Today's Fun Monday assignment from Faye of Summit Musings is, "Share a photo of your fridge and describe what you have displayed on it. What does this kitchen focal point have to say about you and your family?" Whew, this should be easy. 





The main feature of our family bulletin board is the masterpieces of our grandchildren aged five , two , and twenty months. Most of the magnets are souvenirs from various vacation spots from the family. Two of the magnets are picture holders with pictures of our oldest grandchild. In the upper left-hand corner, is a picture of the Holy Family's flight to Egypt on Papyrus, a gift from my sister.


Note that the white marker-board and the tablet in the upper right-hand corner of the refrigerator door are both blank as usually the case. My intent is to become more organized by writing reminders to myself. What does this all say about our family? I guess this says that our family is important to us and that we are not very organized.

9 comments:

Faye said...

And do the grands check the fridge to see if their masterpieces are still in the "gallery"? My friend Shirl from my post displayed her son's painting of Geo Washington's cherry tree until he was a teenager! Luckily we retired people don't have to fill our white boards with reminders unless we like to make lists to procrastinate. But , as you say, that's next week's assignment!

Jill said...

I think it says that you value family and quality time over to-dos and boring lists!

Sayre said...

As your grandkids get older, that fridge will start filling up! My granddaughter staked her claim on my fridge last week with the magnet and cat drawing. I imagine more stuff will start showing up soon!

Anonymous said...

I love the butterflies!

Janis said...

This was one time that I had no art work from my two youngest grans posted on my frige. Most of the time I leave their work there for about a week and then I move it to a folder I have of all the art work they have made for me. I see your little grans have been busy making things for you!

~sWaMpY~ said...

Love the 'grandchildren' art...
Good luck with your "white board" and organizing yourself but at least your priorities are straight.

Living Life said...

So nice to see the creativity in the family! I love the picture of the Holy family's journey.

Peter said...

One of the benefits/losses of visiting my grandchildren instead of them visiting me is the lack of fridge art.

daddy d said...

It all looks good to me. But maybe baby Jesus'donkey really should be some color other than blue.